We are all out of free Sever’s tickets. Thank you to everyone who e-mailed and have a great time at Sever’s!
On Saturday, Oct. 5, the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) will be at Sever’s Corn Maze in Shakopee.
It’s another opportunity for corn farmers to connect with non-farmers in the Twin Cities metro area. It’s also an opportunity to have a whole lot of fun.
In addition to the regular attractions and activities you’ll find at Sever’s — an expansive corn maze shaped like the state of Minnesota, the giant slide, extreme corn pit, pumpkin blasters, petting zoo, etc. — MCGA will have a tent packed full of fun games, giveaways and useful information about corn.
- Free giant slide rides. Come by the MCGA tent for a ticket to ride the giant Sever’s slide for free.
- Minnesota Maizey. With pink ribbons in her hair and pearls round her neck, Maizey is MCGA’s mascot and goodwill ambassador for Minnesota’s corn farmers. She will be at Sever’s for pictures and other fun activities.
- Maizey dolls and beads. Take home a soft and squeezable mini version of Maizey as well as some Maizey Mardi Gras-style beads.
- Ag cab simulator. Sit at the controls inside the cab of a replica 4-wheel drive tractor.
- Biofuels Mobile Education Center. Videos, displays, giveaways and everything you ever wanted to know about ethanol packed inside a giant, 45-foot long trailer.
- Many uses of corn Did you know that corn is used in thousands of consumer products? MCGA will have real-life examples in its tent.
- Game corner. The American Lung Association of Minnesota will be running ethanol-themed games with a variety of fun prizes.
- Radio Disney. Stage performances at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. from the crew at Radio Disney will entertain kids while teaching them about corn and farming.
Want a pack of four FREE tickets to Sever’s? Email email@example.com and tell us what you’re most looking forward to seeing and doing at Sever’s this year. Include your name and address and we’ll mail you the tickets. See you at Sever’s!
(Note: Tickets are good for admission to Sever’s on any date, but we’d really like to see you out there on Oct. 5. Our tent is going to be really cool. You’ll definitely want to check it out. For Sever’s hours, dates and other information, click here.)