The Minnesota Corn Growers Association is sponsoring “Tasseldega Nights” at Deer Creek Speedway this Saturday, July 16. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. and racing starts at 6 p.m.
Thinking about going but aren’t quite sure if you should? Here are the top 9 reasons why you should take the plunge and head out to “Tasseldega Nights” this Saturday:
- It’s free. Yes, FREE! Minnesota’s corn farmers are covering your admission. Bring family, bring friends, bring the neighbor you don’t like. It’s all free!
- Ethanol fueled. “Tasseldega Nights” is a great way to support clean, renewable, homegrown ethanol fuel. Many drivers at Tasseldega will be using ethanol. If you don’t know much about ethanol, coming to “Tasseldega Nights” is a great way to learn.
- Maizey and Ted Tassel. Your kids can dance, take selfies and give high fives to Maizey and Ted Tassel, MCGA’s fun-loving mascots. Maziey and Ted have also been known to wander the stands to pass out beads and free T-shirts during the races.
- Agriculture technology. Want to check out a drone? How about a hydroponic grow box or a soil compaction probe? You’ll see all of those things and more inside of the AgCentric Technology Trailer at “Tasseldega Nights.” Believe us, this trailer is cool. More details here.
- Free family fun. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. for free family fun activities. There will be a magician, live music, games, and other fun activities. Get there early!
- Jonathan Olmscheid. Who is Jonathan Olmscheid? He’s a Minnesota racer who runs his car on ethanol fuels. He’ll have his car outside the grandstand before racing begins, giving you the opportunity to sit behind the wheel and take pictures with an actual race car.
- Beads and other trinkets. MCGA will be handing out ethanol-themed beads, coolers, sun screen and other goodies. Who doesn’t love loading up on fun trinkets?
- It’s Deer Creek. Deer Creek Speedway is a great track run by people who support agriculture and area farmers. The atmosphere is always fun and family friendly. When those engines start rumbling and the dirt starts flying, it’s hard to not have a fun night at Deer Creek Speedway.
- It’s free. In case you missed it the first time: “Tasseldega Nights” is free. Yes, FREE!