The Minnesota Corn Growers Association will be offering a paid internship open to bachelor’s degree-seeking students. This internship will provide exposure to Minnesota agriculture through office operations, educational and outreach programs, communications, and member engagement.
This is a one-year paid internship starting May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. After being selected, interns will go through training in May and will work 40 hours per week from May – August (some nights and weekends) and approximately 10-15 hours per week from September – April 30.
Location: Shakopee, MN
Timeframe: May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019
Compensation: $12 per hour. Work related mileage and expenses will be reimbursed. Housing will not be provided
Qualifications & Skills
- Current full-time college student between the ages of 19 and 23.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Minnesota agriculture preferred.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and work on a variety of different tasks
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently when needed
- Assist with various duties in the office, including but not limited to:
- Membership and event mailings
- Copying and filing
- Maintaining clean MCGA vehicles and equipment, etc.
- Assist with set-up/tear-down/work at MCGA events, including:
- MN Ag EXPO, Farmfest, Community Days, Ag Awareness Day, Ag & Food Day, MN State Fair, Day on the Hill, Legislative Reception, and biofuels promotion events
- Events through various partnership programs
- Assist with communication projects, including:
- Writing blog posts
- Managing the Minnesota Corn Agvocates social media accounts
- Building and maintaining advocate, biofuels, and media databases
- Assisting with Innovation Grants
- Assist with special projects and events surrounding research, biofuels, and public policy.
- Make occasional appearances as one of our mascots, Maizey and Ted Tassel, at special events such as:
- First pitch at the Twins game
- Twins Mascot softball game
- First pitch at the Saint game
- Submit cover letter and resume by November 30, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be selected by MCGA staff.
- Once finalists are selected, interviews will be conducted at the MCGA office and interns will be selected by January 31, 2018.