From co-hosting Tuesday’s Greater Minnesota Gubernatorial Debate to President Trump’s long-awaited announcement on year-round E15 sales, it has been a busy week in the corn world, and the media have taken notice. The Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and its grower leaders have had an opportunity to participate in a number of interviews with Minnesota print, radio and television outlets.
Here is a quick rundown of where you may have noticed MCGA in the news:
On Tuesday, President Trump announced he would allow year-round E15 sales. While the decision will still need to go through the rulemaking process, below you will find media coverage on this crucial step to higher ethanol blends at the pump:
- KSTP: MCGA Commodity Marketing and Biofuels Director Mitch Coulter spoke with the Twin Cities news station.
- KEYC: Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council member Brennen Toquam spoke with the Mankato news station.
- KAAL: Toquam spoke with the Rochester news station.
- Star Tribune: Prior to the announcement on Tuesday, MCGA President Brian Thalmann spoke about the importance of year-round E15 sales.
- WJON: Thalmann spoke with the St. Cloud radio station.
- KDUZ: Thalmann spoke with the Hutchinson radio station.
- Red River Farm Network: Thalmann spoke with the station on Wednesday morning.
- WCCO News Radio: Thalmann spoke with the statewide news station on Wednesday.
- Linder Farm Network: Thalmann spoke with Linda Brekke at the station on Tuesday.
- KLGR: Thalmann spoke with the Redwood Falls station on Wednesday morning.
Also on Tuesday, the Greater Minnesota Debate, presented by MCGA and Minnesota AgriGrowth, brought candidates Tim Walz and Jeff Johnson to Willmar for a debate on the issues impacting rural Minnesota and its ag sector. A number of influential media were in attendance:
- Star Tribune: MCGA Executive Director Adam Birr was quoted in the piece recapping the debate.
- West Central Tribune: The Willmar-based newspaper attended the debate and recapped the important event for the city.
- MPR: The statewide news station attended and provided a recap of the debate.
- Brownfield: Reporter Mark Dorenkamp recapped the debate’s focus on important ag issues.
- Rochester Post-Bulletin: Prior to the debate, the newspaper quoted Thalmann about the importance of this event to the state’s corn farmers.