The Minnesota Corn Growers Association will be offering a paid internship open to bachelor’s degree-seeking students. This internship will provide exposure to Minnesota agriculture through office operations, educational and outreach programs, communications, and member engagement.
This is a one-year paid internship starting May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020. After being selected, interns will go through training in May and will work 40 hours per week from May – August (some nights and weekends) and approximately 10-15 hours per week from September – April 30.
Location: Shakopee, MN
Timeframe: May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020
Compensation: $12 per hour. Work related mileage and expenses will be reimbursed. Housing will not be provided
Qualifications & Skills
- Current full-time college student between the ages of 19 and 23.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Minnesota agriculture preferred.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and work on a variety of different tasks
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently when needed
- Assist with various duties in the office, including but not limited to:
- Membership and event mailings
- Copying and filing
- Maintaining clean MCGA vehicles and equipment, etc.
- Assist with set-up/tear-down/work at MCGA events, including:
- MN Ag EXPO, Farmfest, Community Days, Ag Awareness Day, Ag & Food Day, MN State Fair, Day on the Hill, Legislative Reception, and biofuels promotion events
- Events through various partnership programs
- Assist with communication projects, including:
- Writing blog posts
- Managing the Minnesota Corn Agvocates social media accounts
- Building and maintaining advocate, biofuels, and media databases
- Assisting with Innovation Grants
- Assist with special projects and events surrounding research, biofuels, and public policy.
- Make occasional appearances as one of our mascots, Maizey and Ted Tassel, at special events such as:
- Twins Mascot softball game
- First pitch at St. Paul Saints game
- Submit cover letter and resume by December 10, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be selected by MCGA staff.
- Once finalists are selected, interviews will be conducted at the MCGA office and interns will be selected by January 31, 2019.
Click here to download a copy of the MCGA Internship position description.
About the Minnesota Corn Growers Association
With nearly 7,000 members, the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) is one of the largest grassroots farm organizations in the United States. Working in close partnership with the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council (MCR&PC), MCGA identifies and promotes opportunities for Minnesota’s 24,000 corn farmers while building connections with the non-farming public. We accomplish this by investing in third-party research that focuses on water quality and soil health, targeted consumer outreach, developing new uses for corn and working to add value to every bushel of corn grown in Minnesota. For more information about MCGA, please visit mncorn.org.