The Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) is seeking a highly creative and organized undergraduate student for a paid summer internship position.
This individual will have a significant role in conceptualizing and producing compelling designs for MCGA’s print and digital platforms, and event-related design needs. This internship will also provide exposure to Minnesota agriculture through educational and outreach programs, communications and marketing initiatives, and grassroots member engagement.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a diverse design portfolio of both print and digital materials, gain experience with a professional staff, and network with thought leaders in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota.
MCGA offers a summer internship starting May 20, 2019 through August 30, 2019. After being selected, interns will go through training in May and will work 40 hours per week from May – August (some nights and weekends).
Location: Shakopee, MN
Timeframe: May 20, 2019 through August 30, 2019
Compensation: $12 per hour. Work related mileage and expenses will be reimbursed. Housing will not be provided
Qualifications & Skills
- Current full-time college student between the ages of 19 and 23.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A self-starter, with the ability to be flexible and work independently when needed
- Computer knowledge for both PC and MAC environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other design applications
- Familiarity with WordPress content management
- Exhibit knowledge of basic graphic design and branding principles
- Assist with graphic design projects, including:
- Create and/or update print collateral such as brochures, posters, and advertisements
- Conceptualize and create images to utilize on social media and other digital channels
- Create and/or update event materials and signage
- Catalog and manage existing communications and marketing materials
- Update and manage website content via WordPress
- Manage the Minnesota Corn Agvocates social media accounts
- Assist with special projects and events surrounding research, biofuels, and public policy.
- Build and maintain advocate, biofuels, and media databases
- Assist with various office tasks and other duties as assigned
- Submit cover letter, resume, and a design sample by April 15, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be selected by MCGA staff.
- Once finalists are selected, interviews will be conducted at the MCGA office and interns will be selected by April 29, 2019.
Click here to download a copy of the MCGA Internship position description.
About the Minnesota Corn Growers Association
With nearly 7,000 members, the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) is one of the largest grassroots farm organizations in the United States. Working in close partnership with the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council (MCR&PC), MCGA identifies and promotes opportunities for Minnesota’s 24,000 corn farmers while building connections with the non-farming public. We accomplish this by investing in third-party research that focuses on water quality and soil health, targeted consumer outreach, developing new uses for corn and working to add value to every bushel of corn grown in Minnesota. For more information about MCGA, please visit mncorn.org.