University of Minnesota Extension is hosting three workshops in March focused on best practices for writing a grain marketing plan. Supported by the Minnesota Corn Growers Association, the workshops will cover marketing skills that growers can use to increase gross revenue and profit during tight margin conditions.
At each meeting, Extension specialists will work with grain farmers and agri-business professionals to write a pre-harvest marketing plan. Guidance will be provided on how to best review input costs, use pricing tools and execute a pre-harvest plan that will put farmers in a better position for 2019.
Each workshop is free to attend and pre-registration isn’t necessary.
- Owatonna: March 6 at 9 a.m.
- Location: Steele County Community Center, 1380 S. Elm St.
- Slayton: March 13 at 1 p.m.
- Location: Murray County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 3048 S. Broadway Ave.
- Belle Plaine: March 20 at 1 p.m.
- Location: Vets Club, 221 N. Meridian St.