DISTRICT FIELD MANAGER (Territory 4)– Minnesota Corn Growers Association
With nearly 7,000 members, MCGA is one of the largest grassroots farm organizations in the United States. Working in close partnership with the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council, MCGA identifies and promotes opportunities for Minnesota’s 24,000 corn farmers while building connections with the non-farming public. We accomplish this by investing in third-party research that focuses on water quality and soil health, targeted consumer outreach, developing new uses for corn and working to add value to every bushel of corn grown in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Corn District Field Managers are responsible for executing the membership plan, grassroots outreach and business development efforts of Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA). The Minnesota Corn District Field Managers strive to involve more individuals in corn-industry leadership and advocacy, and engage them in the issues that are critical to the interests of Minnesota corn growers. The District Field Managers also work to achieve increased understanding of and support for the work of the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council (MCRPC). This position reports to the Director of Grower Services and will be a part of a growing division within the Association.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- The District Field Manager ideally has 3 or more years of membership solicitation, sales, or public relations experience. A background in and/or extensive knowledge of agriculture is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Ag Business or Applied Sciences; and territory management experience preferred.
- The District Field Manager must have strong communication/interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to and interact with farmers, the general public and Minnesota Corn staff.
- The District Field Manager must project a positive and professional image; have an understanding of industry best practices and work with the highest degree of integrity.
- The District Field Manager must have strong organizational skills & command of Microsoft Office products and mobile technology, be a self-starter, and work day-to-day with minimum supervision.
- The District Field Manager must possess a strong customer service attitude.
- The District Field Manager must be willing and able to travel and must be available for numerous night and weekend commitments during peak seasons.
- A knowledge of the corn industry and familiarity with the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council (MCRPC) is preferred.
- This position is based in MCGA County Territory 4 and will require significant travel. District field managers will also spend approximately four days per month at the MCGA office in Shakopee, Minn.
Entrepreneurial… Results-Oriented…Exceptional Writing and Communication Skills…Analytic…Strategic Ability… Planning and Organizing…Building Community Relationships.
Send cover letter and resume to Anne Donovan at Rizzo| Executive Search, LLC at email@example.com