Thanks to farmers, President Trump and Members of Congress have been hearing a lot about how important the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) is to Minnesota farmers and rural America.
Unfortunately, the White House is still considering cutting a deal for oil refiners as soon as this coming Monday. And, in the meantime, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) continues to take actions behind closed doors that benefit refiners at the expense of farmers.
This means we can’t let up the pressure. We are asking farmers to continue to make your voice heard NOW.
It’s time for EPA and the White House to consider real solutions, including Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) parity that would allow year-round sales of blends greater than 10 percent. The oil industry has already gotten a gift from the EPA. Since these discussions about capping RIN prices have started in January, RIN prices have fallen 50 percent. We need to tell the President that ‘enough is enough’.
Call the White House: 202-456-1111
Remain on the line to speak to an operator, and request to leave message for President Trump.
- Farmers are counting on President Trump to follow through on his commitment to support the RFS because the RFS works.
- While the White House weighs policy options, EPA is undermining the RFS, and handing out waivers to refiners for millions of gallons in RFS volume requirements. Enough is enough.
- I urge President Trump to maintain support for the RFS and rural America. Rural Americans cannot afford this deal, and farmers cannot afford EPA’s destructions of corn and ethanol demand.
- President @realdonaldtrump – keep your promise to farmers – support the RFS. Don’t give in to Big Oil. #RFSWorks
- President @realdonaldtrump – Don’t undermine the RFS. Let farmers and rural American know you still have their best interests in mind. Farmers can’t afford the EPA destroying corn and ethanol demand. #RFSWorks